The Julius Wasem & Sons winery is located in the Ingelheim commune (area Bingen ) in the German growing area Rheinhessen, The Wasem family was the first to prove viticulture in 1726. In the 17th century, the farm buildings were the seat of the noble family Ritter Hundt von Saulheim and his wife Katharina, née by Rodenstein. The foundation stone for today's business was laid in 1912 by Julius Wasem (1894-1972), who set up the winery in the old noble seat in Ober-Ingelheim and was the first producer to fill and market his wines himself. Among other things, he was a board member of the German Wine Association and co-founder of the German Wine Seal for Rheinhessen. In 1963 he handed over the farm to his sons Gerhard and Jochen. Today, it is managed in the third generation by their sons Holger and Burkhard Wasem. Connected are a wine bar and a wine hotel run by their wives Ilona and Karin Wasem.
The vineyards cover 34 hectares of vineyards in the individual layers of Burgberg, Horn, pares, Rheinhöhe, Schlossberg and Sonnenhang (Ingelheim), as well as Blume and Bockstein (Elsheim). Two thirds of them are made with red Pinot Noir ( Pinot Noir ) Blue Portuguese. . Dornfelder. St. Laurent. Merlot. Cabernet Sauvignon and black Riesling ( Pinot Meunier ), as well as a third with the white wines Riesling. Sylvaner. Müller-Thurgau, Pinot Gris ( Pinot gris ), Pinot Blanc ( Pinot Blanc ) and Gewurztraminer planted. Environmentally friendly, environmentally friendly viticulture is practiced. The product range also includes fine brandies ( yeast. rape. Wine ), bottle-fermented sect. grape juice in red and white, as well wine jelly produced.