Over a period of more then 15 years, the Wein‑Plus Wine Guide has established a reputation for its strict and independent wine reviews. Marcus Hofschuster, our head taster and editor in chief, has a precise view of the wines of around 5500 leading wine producers in Europe.
Interesting wines off the beaten mainstream path, wines with an unmistakeable character! Our head taster Marcus Hofschuster personally selects these wines from around 12,000 wines tasted each year: objectively, independently and without any trade interests.
As a member of Wein‑Plus you will profit from benefits we have negotiated with our cooperation partners in the world of wine – and these have a real cash value for you. These offers are exclusively for your benefit: Wein‑Plus receives no fees or commissions from ist partners – and that’s a promise.
Benefit from a significantly higher presence, increased awareness of your products, unbeatable top conditions at important branch service providers as well as useful, up-to-date and comprehensive information on wine and the wine sector.
DOC for dry red and white wines in the wine-growing region of Friuli-Giulia-Venezia in Italy, on the border with Slovenia. The zone includes the communes of Aurisina, Duino-Aurisina, Monrupino, Muggia, San Dorligo della Valle, Sgonico and Trieste in the province of Triest, as well as Doberdò del Lago, Fogliano Redipuglia, Monfalcone, Ronchi dei Legionari, Sagrado and Savogna d´Isonzo in the province of Goriziano. The region stretches along the Adriatic coast around the Gulf of Triest, from the DOC Collio Goriziano, which borders it in the north to the Istria peninsula I nthe south, which i spart of Croatia. It is a hilly high plateau of karst (that is why it is called Carso), which is exposed to the cold easterly winds known as the Bora. The varietal wines msut contain at least 85% of the stated variety, the remaining 15% can be made up of permitted grape varieties of the same colour. Varietal wines are: Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Malvasia (from Malvasia Istriana), Merlot, Pinot Grigio, Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso, Sauvignon, Sauvignon, Traminer and Vitovska. Rosso is made from Terrano (70-100%) and possibly from other permitted red varieties. Terrano wines are made from at least 85% of this variety (Refosco). This may be produced only in parts of the communes of Aurisiana, Sgonico, Trieste and Monrupino, where a specific type of soil is found (see section on „Terra Rossa”). This type of soil is also found on the Slovenian side of the border, where a similar type of red wine called Kras Teran is made from Refosk grapes (identical with Terrano). These wines could be the successors of the antique Pucinum wine mentioned by the elder Pliny (23-79). See also under Teran.