Colli Orientali del Friuli DOC

Colli Orientali del Friuli DOC

Description to Colli Orientali del Friuli DOC

DOC area (also Friuli Colli Orientali) for reds and whites in the Italian region Friuli-Venezia Giulia; near the border too Slovenia and Austria, The name means "eastern hills of Friuli". In the south closes the DOC area Collio Goriziano in the province of Gorizia (Gorizia), the border forms the river Judrio. Both geologically similar areas once belonged to the Austrian Habsburg Empire. But while Udine was already Italian in 1866, Gorizia came only after the First World War in the early 1920s Italy to.

The zone covers the hilly area in the eastern part of the province of Udine with 14 crescent-shaped communities grouped around Udine. These are Attimis, Buttrio, Faedis, Cividale, Corno di Rosazzo, Manzano, Nimis, Povoletto, Prepotto, Premariacco, San Pietro al Natisone, San Giovanni al Natisone, Tarcento and Torreano. It extends in the form of a long range of hills on the edge of the plain from Udine of Buttrio in the south to Tarcento in the north. The often terraced Vineyards cover 2,100 hectares of vines on calcareous marl and sandstone floors.

The large area is structured in five subzones with three DOCG areas. The subzone Cialla covers an area north of the municipality of Prepotto. The two sub-zones Ribolla Gialla di Rosazzo and Pignolo di Rosazzo include parts of the communities Corno di Rosazzo, Manzano and San Giovanni al Natisone in the province of Udine with the DOCG area Rosazzo, The Subzone Schioppettino di Prepotto comprises a subarea of ​​the Municipality of Prepotto. The Subzero Refosco di Faedis includes parts of the municipalities of Attimis, Faedis, Nimis, Povoletto, Tarcento and Torreano with the DOCG areas Ramandolo and Colli Orientali del Friuli Picolit,

The varietal wines must contain at least 85% of the respective variety, the remaining 15% may be other approved varieties. The white wines are Chardonnay, Malvasia (Malvasia Istriana = Malvasia Istarska ), Pinot Bianco ( Pinot Blanc ), Pinot Grigio ( Pinot Gris ) Ribolla Gialla, Riesling Renano ( Riesling ), Sauvignon ( Sauvignon Blanc ), Friulano - formerly Tocai Friulano ( Sauvignonasse ), Traminer Aromatico ( Gewurztraminer ) and Verduzzo Friulano,

The red wines are Cabernet (CF and / or CS and / or Carmenère ) Cabernet Franc. Cabernet Sauvignon. Merlot. pignolo, Pinot Nero ( Pinot Noir ) Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso. Schioppettino and Tazzelenghe, The wine types Bianco , Dolce and Rosso can be produced in any use of all authorized grape varieties (with the exception of Traminer Aromatico at Bianco).

The subzones can be on label for certain types of wine, by the DOC name. For the subzones Ribolla Gialla di Rosazzo , Pignolo di Rosazzo , Schioppettino di Prepotto and Refosco di Faedis (85% Refosco Nostrano = Refosco di Faedis ) there is only one wine, the grape variety is indeed included in the name. In the sub-zone Cialla, however, there are the wine types Bianco, Ribolla Gialla, Verduzzo Friulano, Rosso, Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso and Schiopettino.

For wines with at least 24 months maturity allowed Riserva be used. This is at least 50 months for the wines of the sub-zone Cialla, 46 months for the wine type or the sub-zone Schioppettino di Preppoto and 38 months for the wine type or sub-zone Refosco di Faedis.
In the wine guide you will find
currently 133 213 Wines and 23 039 Producers, including 1 403 classified producers.
Rating system About Their sources in Wine Guide Wine Samples


Privacy Notice: ×

Cookies facilitate the provision of our services. By using our services, you agree that we use cookies.