Over a period of more then 15 years, the Wein‑Plus Wine Guide has established a reputation for its strict and independent wine reviews. Marcus Hofschuster, our head taster and editor in chief, has a precise view at the wines of the leading wine producers in Europe.
Interesting wines off the beaten mainstream path, wines with an unmistakeable character! Our head taster Marcus Hofschuster personally selects these wines from around 12,000 wines tasted each year: objectively, independently and without any trade interests.
As a member of Wein‑Plus you will profit from benefits we have negotiated with our cooperation partners in the world of wine – and these have a real cash value for you. These offers are exclusively for your benefit: Wein‑Plus receives no fees or commissions from ist partners – and that’s a promise.
Benefit from a significantly higher presence, increased awareness of your products, unbeatable top conditions at important branch service providers as well as useful, up-to-date and comprehensive information on wine and the wine sector.
Your data will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with third parties . By registering you enter no obligations. In the later registration process, you can optionally complete a paid membership or complete the registration without membership.
DOC / DOCG area for red wine in the Italian region Apulia, The zone along the south coast of the Salento peninsula (the "heel of the boot") includes the municipalities of Avetrana, Carosino, Faggiano, Fragagnano, Leporano, Lizzano, Manduria, Maruggio, Monteparano, Pulsano, Roccaforzata, San Giorgio Jonico, San Marzano di San Giuseppe , Sava and Torricella in the province of Taranto, as well as the municipalities of Erchie, Oria and Torre Santa Susanna in the province of Brindisi.
The wine must be at least 85% of the Primitivo variety ( Tribidrag ) included, the remaining 15% can be other approved varieties. There is also a Riserva who has to mature for at least 24 months (including 9 in wooden barrels). The alcohol content must be at least 14% vol (instead of 13.5%).
In 2011, the Primitivo di Manduria Dolce Naturale was the first in Puglia to be classified as DOCG. He has to be 100% unmixed be pressed. If the grapes come from classified vineyards, can Vigna followed by the location name on the label.